Sunday, January 18, 2015

HSS Hell revamp

Here is my HSS Hell that I've had for a couple of years. It's 6 of 20. I repainted it 3 times and finally have it in a place I am really satisfied with.

Those familiar with the Hell know that there was a small "shrink" problem, that prevented the mask from being properly fitted with a standard size hockey mask. Using a Fiberglassmasks 9, likely cast from a leftover movie-mold hock, I re-sculpted the eye holes with epoxy sculpt and had it scanned by a 3D printing service. We then reduced the mask about 15% (about a half inch all around) in order to get a tight fit. The 3D print was made with black ABS like the movie masks and really came out great.

All he really needs now is hair.


2 comments:

  1. What is the closest to the movie mold hock out there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. JGTH? Only Fiberglassmasks.com has a movie mold replica.

    ReplyDelete