Monday, October 30, 2017

Own a 3D Print of the Screen Used Pam Voorhees Head

NOTE: THIS ITEM IS PERMANENTLY SOLD OUT. NO MORE WILL EVER BE MADE. THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST!
The first copy!
I am officially offering a very limited number of resin castings of a high-definition SLS 3D print of the screen-used "shrine head" seen in Friday the 13th part 2.

I acquired the movie head in November 2015 from Lloyd Albin, who owned the summer camp that Friday the 13th part 2 was filmed at back in September 1980. As Lloyd explained, the head was left in a net hanging from a tree on his property after a wrap party attended by the film's cast and crew. Lloyd kept it for 35 years, taking it out occasionally to scare his campers.
As I explain in detail in this post, both photo analysis and the chain of possession indicate there can be no doubt this is the screen used head. It was in rough shape, so I had it restored by Tom Spina Designs.
LEFT: The first 3D printed copy. RIGHT: A frame from "F13 Part 2."
I'm offering a run of 10 copies pulled in black resin, painted using the screen-used head as a reference so they will be exact reproductions. No blanks will be offered. Each piece will come with a screen-accurate wig, styled to look like the original. Price is $475 plus shipping. Check out a few side-by-side shots with the screen-used head below (click any image to enlarge):
LEFT: A painted 3D print. RIGHT: The screen-used head
 
 
The finished prototype
I expect this run to fill up pretty fast, but if there is sufficient demand, I will do a second run of 10. After that, the mold will be destroyed, and the few lucky collectors who own one will have an exceptional piece of movie history in their hands!

Note: We digitally inserted a "pipe" into the base that will be attached to an acrylic disc to serve as a stand. This can of course be removed if you prefer the "raw" version of the head.

TO ORDER: Please email me at farrelljm1122 [at] hotmail [dot] com. Or leave your name and email address in the comments section below and I will get back to you with details. If you've already expressed interest, you will be hearing from me shortly.

DETAILS:
  • Number of available copies: 10 (may pull another 10 next year).
  • Pre-order: $250 to reserve yours.
  • Price: $500 + shipping total. Shipping will be assessed individually.
  • Material: white resin.
  • Timeframe: 8-10 weeks from time of initial payment (I have a day job!)
  • No blanks!
  • Yes, it will come with hair!
  • Will not be foam filled (makes the head too heavy to stand up on the stand).
  • All buyers will get updates with progress photos here on the blog.

11 comments:

  1. Paul. Eclipze96@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comment deleted so I don't share my email. Payment sent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will paying it off quicker get me it sooner or will you just have me pay you when done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will not get it sooner. When I have the full run in hand and have begun painting them I will request full payment from everyone at the same time. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the clarification. The wording was confusing, "Timeframe: 8-10 weeks from time of payment in full"

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, that does read confusing, I'll have to edit that

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sent you an email but send me a message if you haven’t received it. Danny@waywardcreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why no blanks? Fearful of recasting? I guess you should be wary, though I'd find it easy for anyone who actually cares to identify some reproduction. I can't afford a $500 prop right now, unfortunately, but beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have my email. I am interested. willhhatch@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete